Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Week Four Day 2

(I am doing the 8-week course in this book which includes these free meditation audio files).

"Remind yourself that the deepest stillness and peace does not arise because the world is still or the mind is quiet. Stillness is nourished when we allow the world, the mind and the body to be just as they are for now, moment by moment, and breath by breath." This is Mark Williams towards the end of the Breath and Body meditation.

It's amazing when you start forcing yourself to become more aware of the present moment how many moments in the day are actually lovely and calm. Most of them actually. It really rams home how much we create purely out of our own thinking.

My alarm went off at 6am this morning and I got up to make a cup of tea and do the Breath and Body meditation followed by the Sounds and Thoughts meditation. Then I did some stuff on the computer which was dumb.. I'm not going to do that again. I'm going to make my mug of tea, do my meditations then sit in the silence. It's very quiet and nice at that time of the morning.

I did my second round of those audios at 8pm and it was hilariously difficult to focus. One son burst through the kitchen (right next to the study) in search of food just as I was just getting underway and another son was calling out to me from downstairs 'MUM COME AND SORT OUT MY BED!!!!'. But I managed to finish after a couple of interruptions.

Did only one Breathing Space meditation (self-guided when locked in battle yet another son - I have three). Was nice and worked to calm me somewhat. The fighting situation was defused pretty quickly after that.

Would it have been if I hadn't shut my eyes to 'check in' and 'ground myself'? I'll never know...

Youngest son watching me stand at the kitchen bench with my eyes shut said; "are you pretending to be dead mum?" To which I replied; 'nope just checking in with myself'. Goodness knows what he made of that answer!

Love, Mrs D xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment