Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Week One Day 3

(I am doing the 8-week course in this book which includes these free meditation audio files).

I think I am slowly falling for the lovely man who is doing these guided meditations. His name is Mark Williams and he's one of the authors of this book I am following. This is their website and I just found this video of him talking about the common symptoms of stress and the reason for stress in our day to day lives.

I have listened to Mark (see, we're on a first name basis already!) twice today as per their instructions for Week One of their 8-week plan. I did the Guided Meditation at 6.20am just after I woke up and again just now at 2.30pm.  

I just love it at the end of this meditation (and it's only 8 minutes long so it's not a biggie!) where he says: "And remembering that the breath is always available to you, to help bring you back into the present moment, when you find your mind scattered and dispersed by the rush and busy-ness of your life. Always here, as an anchor deep within you, as a place of stillness, and peace."

He just sounds so warm and kind when he says it and I love this message he is sending. 

Having said that my mind still wanders like buggery when I am doing this meditation but I'm trying not to stress or judge that and just keep going. If I picture my actual lungs and ribs inside me moving as I breath it's easier to stay focused on my breath.

I mindfully brushed my teeth last night and this morning, concentrating on all the sensations (it feels quite intense! Rough...) and I sat at a different chair for dinner again last night (that's my Habit Releaser this week). Was hoping to do the Raisin Meditation before school pick-up but I've run out of time now (stop blogging Mrs D and go to school!) but maybe I'll do that later tonight.

Going well. Feeling good.

Love, Mrs D xxx

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! I will check out the hooks you have attached too. You're doing awesome. And in another year or sooner you'll be totally into it. And you'll be happier and calmer.....

    ReplyDelete