Thursday, March 12, 2015

Week One Day 4

(I am doing the 8-week course in this book which includes these free meditation audio files).

I had insomnia last night which is really zen of me - not. My brain was racing between 3.30am and about 6am. I haven't had insomnia for ages! It took me back to my boozy days (years, lets be honest) where I slept like crap all the time. At least that wasn't the reason last night! I think it's because my ear is a bit blocked and sore and I'm busy with a lot of work on and stuff happening. I tried to calm my thoughts and focus on my breathing but, you know, I'm not that good at mindfulness yet.

But I'm practicing!

Listened to the Guided Meditation twice today as instructed. Still totally loving Mark Williams' soothing voice. My mind wanders but I'm not stressing about that.

Did the Raisin Meditation and afterwards wrote "Mind wandered. Takes a while to clear it out of my mouth. Yummy."

Mindfully brushed my teeth this morning and will hopefully remember to do that again tonight (forgot last night - whoops! Maybe that's why I had insomnia!!)

Couldn't do the Habit Releaser (change chairs at dinner time) because we were at the stadium at dinner time watching a World Cup Cricket match. Actually that reminds me, I'm hungry. Will go eat something now and will sit on a strange chair to do it, I promise.

Love, Mrs D xxx

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the sites!
    I am ready to start a mediation practice again. Our lives are filled, but with what?
    I didn't sleep well last night either. It's partly my age! Ugh!
    But now, I get to enjoy the sunrise!
    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete