Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Week Three Day 2

(I am doing the 8-week course in this book which includes these free meditation audio files).

Today I spent from 8am - 2pm helping at our oldest boys Ripper Rugby tournament. At one point in the afternoon I attempted to do the 3-minute Breathing Space meditation. I was standing on the grassy bank surrounded by loads of kids and teachers/parents and I took a moment to close my eyes and focus on what was happening in my body & mind, then focus on my breath, then widen my focus out to my entire body. Not sure it was entirely successful (lots of activity and distractions around me) but it was nice.

I got home exhausted at 2pm with only an hour until I had to go back to school and pick all the boys up, and decided to spend some of my precious quite time doing the Mindful Movement meditation followed by the Breath and Body meditation. They were nice. It felt nice. It still feels rather rebellious and interesting to take time out to do something like this. I like to think of it as the ultimate in mind-bending. Who needs drugs and alcohol when you can do 'proper' work on bending your great matter?!

Yes on the one hand a bit silly (although I'm slowly getting over that and now don't give a toss if anyone thinks I'm a weirdo hippy for working on mindfulness/meditation techniques)

I also drank a cup of tea mindfully and that always makes the tea more yummy. Sounds silly but it's really just concentrating on the tea and it really makes a difference from just mindlessly gulping it down.

And then just before I sat down to write this post I did the 3-minute Breathing Space meditation again (because I'm supposed to do it twice every day!). I stood at the computer table and played the audio guide this time.. it's so short it feels like no hardship at all but I can see how it will be helpful in times of great stress or busy-ness. 

Speaking of stress better go watch the end of the semi-final in the World Cup Cricket - go the Black Caps!!

Love, Mrs D xxx 

1 comment:

  1. That was super stressful!!!! If I can get through that without a drink I can get through anything.

    ReplyDelete