Friday, March 27, 2015

Week Three Day 4

(I am doing the 8-week course in this book which includes these free meditation audio files).

Full honesty here. Yesterday I didn't do the Mindful Movement meditation or the Breath & Body meditation. First time since I've started this course that I didn't follow the instructions to the letter.

My day was very full. 8.30am - 3pm I was at school helping with the 'Ultimate Challenge' extravaganza that only happens once a year, after school we went straight to the pool for the boys swimming lessons, then home to cook dinner & feed them, then out to take my eldest to Cubs, then home to tidy and get the younger two in their jammies, then out for the Cubs pick up, then home to put the youngest to bed, eat my dinner quickly, then get the oldest two to bed. By the time I was done with everything it was 8.45pm.

I sat on the sofa and then at about 9.20pm I remembered that I hadn't done my meditations. I had an internal dialogue for a while about whether I should get up and do them... honestly my eyelids were dropping I was falling asleep.. so in the end I just fell into bed.

This is a long explanation (excuse?) but also this is the reality of my life. So what do busy people do to fit in meditations?

I could have done it at 12.30 during the school lunch break when I popped home quickly to wrap my nephews birthday present. I was home for 35 minutes and also responded to a quick email. I did do the Breathing Space meditation at that time - it's only 3 minutes long! And it was nice... but should I have done the two 8-minute meditations above?

Or should I set my alarm and get up at 6am on days when I know there is going to be little free time?

I don't know but today I am going to do everything that is required!

Love, Mrs D xxx

1 comment:

  1. Some days you just don't have the time/inclination.... I was listening to Alan Watts and he said meditation shouldn't be something you approach with a grim sense of duty.... it should be enjoyable.... so if you don't feel like doing it.... don't..... and don't beat yourself up.... I did another 30 minute meditation this morning.... brain still wandering quite a lot but that's ok.... just got to keep working on it....

    ReplyDelete