Sunday, March 29, 2015

Week Three Day 7

(I am doing the 8-week course in this book which includes these free meditation audio files).

Today is a Sunday so I set my alarm for 5.45am and got up to check in with others in the Members Feed at Living Sober before we did our Group Meditation Thingy. I think there were a few more members taking part this week, and it's always fun hearing what everyone does from 6am - 6.20 when we do our thing.

I chose to do a Tara Guided Meditation again and it was quite funny because I got to a point where I was sure she'd finished ... and jumped up to check back in on the site with the others ... and saw that actually it was just a reeaaaalllllyyyyy long silence and there was still 4 minutes to go! Whoops! So I quickly lay back down and attempted to concentrate on my breath.

I've had a very busy last 4 days with a lot of challenging parenting and Mr D away so I have found it hard to quiet my mind when doing all these guided meditations. But I'm also giving myself a break, appreciating that I am only 3 weeks into my practice and it's going to take a LOT of practice to get 'good' at it.

I am definitely much better at witnessing the thoughts as they enter my mind. It sure is boring in there a lot of the time!! Much of the same stuff swirling around and around. Planning things to write (work stuff), thinking about interactions I need to follow up on and emails I need to respond to etc etc (more work stuff) and of course the mandane stuff of life (household/family stuff) and some concerns about interpersonal stuff. All veeeerrrryyy mundane.

I have been practicing my Habit Releaser today by attempting to mindfully use the iPad and it has been successful. The trick is going to be to keep up that practice now when I spend the last couple of hours of the day sitting on the sofa or in bed.. and I usually mindlessly surf around my various online spaces over and over.

I'm NOT going to do that tonight! I'm going to watch the Cricket World Cup Final and read the book above to find out what is on the cards for Week Four of the course. It starts tomorrow - whoop!

Love, Mrs D xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment