Friday, March 20, 2015

Week Two Day 5

(I am doing the 8-week course in this book which includes these free meditation audio files).

Did my body scan earlier today on the floor of the living room with the sun beating down on me (that's the second audio in the link above as per the instructions for the second week of the course in the book in the link above).

The hot sun made the face part of the scan particularly interesting - I could practically see through my eyelids with the strong sun on them!

But seriously, it was a pretty mind-wandering scan today. But I'm not going to beat myself up too badly about that. Just gently keep practicing and see what happens.

This mornings mug of tea I gulped down mindlessly - forgetting it was supposed to be my 'Mindful Awareness of a Routine Daily Task'. But this afternoon I did remember and mindfully drank my cup of Dragon Pearl Jasmine Tea (it's fancy-pants and lovely, tastes like the tea you get when you go to Yum Cha). I had it in a keep-cup in the car while I was waiting for the school bell to go. Really concentrated on the cup (plastic with a patterned rubber strip around the middle), concentrated on the smell of the tea, felt it warm in my mouth and stayed really aware of the sensation as it travelled down my throat to my belly. 

I'm telling you, mindfully drinking a cup of tea (which is just basically making yourself concentrate really hard on drinking the cup of tea) makes it HEAPS more delicious!!!!!! I was feeling that yummy cup of tea for a long time after it finished.

So that's an interesting thing to notice!

Bed now to mindfully fall asleep for hopefully 8 hours.

Love, Mrs D xxx


1 comment:

  1. I totally agree about the mindful tea tasting better and lasting longer. And I am in love with jasmine pearls! Divine.

    ReplyDelete