Saturday, March 21, 2015

Week Two Day 6

(I am doing the 8-week course in this book which includes these free meditation audio files).

I combined my Habit Releaser (mindful walk) with my Mindful Awareness of a Routine Daily Activity (drinking a cup of tea) today! Two birds with one stone! I was trying very hard to concentrate on the walk and the tea because I was not alone. Mr D and our 5-year old were along for the ride. So they had no idea that I had suggested we go to the Botanical Gardens because I needed to do my 15-30 minute walk paying special attention to all that was around me (sights, sounds, smells etc).

I think I managed ok. The tea was delicious, it was in my keep-cup again (plastic with a rubber band around the middle) and was my favourite Green Tea with Mandarin. I did very much enjoy it. 

And the walk was amazing. My goodness the Botanical Gardens were just so well kept, I suddenly became aware of the team of gardeners that must  work extremely hard to keep everything in tip-top shape. It also smelled delicious, the sun was shining down. And my husband was being lovely and my son was being hilarious as per usual (never stops talking). So I took paying close attention to them 'in each moment' was a part of being mindful on my walk.

They didn't say I had to do the mindful walk alone....!

Tomorrow morning it's the Living Sober 'Group Meditation' thingy at 6am and I will do a Tara Brach Guided Meditation for that. So that will be lovely once again.

And I'm going to read up on my Week Three requirements so I'm ready to hit the ground running on Monday.

I am definitely incorporating some of the mindful principals into my everyday life. I often have the phrase 'all you have is this moment' popping into my head. It's quite calming, because usually I find the moment I'm in is A-OK.

Love, Mrs D xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment