Monday, April 6, 2015

Week Five Day 1

(I am doing the 8-week course in this book which includes these free meditation audio files).

Yesterday was a write off and I couldn't blog. Did manage the Group Meditation thingy with Living Sober members at 6am and that was nice.

Now I'm back on a normal computer and it's Week Five!  This week is called 'Turning Toward Difficulties' and it's all about acceptance. Not detachment, but embracing the "true, deep understanding of how things really are."

The authors warn; "Some people who have embarked on mindfulness courses stumble at this point. Many people who read this book may stumble too.. and may abandon mindfulness altogether. We hope that you will continue with Week Five because it's no exaggeration to say that all of the previous chapters have been leading up to this point."

Righto then.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If I'm really honest I don't know how 'successful' I am being so far at this mindfulness stuff and I do feel rather a 'failure' at it most of the time because I can't stop my mind wandering but I'm not going to let those feelings stop me (and I'm putting them in inverted commas because I know the authors of this book would tell me it's not about succeeding or failing or otherwise but being open, trying and practicing).

And practice, practice, practice is what I'm going to keep doing.

Every day this week I have to do one big sequence of meditation audios. First the Breath & Body one (track 4 in the link above), then the Sounds & Thoughts meditation (track 5) and then the Exploring Difficulty meditation (track 6). 

And I have to do the Breathing Space meditation as from previous weeks (the little emergency 3-minute one that is track 8 in the link above) but with a slight change at the end which involves reading the body for any sense of discomfort, tension or resistance.

From what I can gather in reading the instructions this week is all about really tuning in to the body and reading what sensations arise when you bring to mind a difficulty.

Sounds intriguing.

Got up this morning and did the audios in the tree house at our holiday location. Excuse my language but it was fucking awesome. Wish I had a tree house to go to every day.

Think it will take a bit of listening to the instructions in the new audio to get the gist of what they're suggesting. Good thing I've got 7 days of listening to do then isn't it!

Love, Mrs D xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment