Saturday, April 11, 2015

Week Five Day 6

(I am doing the 8-week course in this book which includes these free meditation audio files).

I did nothing today. Up early to pack then travel. Home to unpack then clean and cook. About to go to bed. Will do everything as instructed tomorrow and get my blogging mojo back on. It's been a tiring holiday.

I do think my daily attitude is more mindful than when I started this course. I think the teachings that I have been listening to are starting to have an impact on my brainwaves.

I also think I want to try and make this an every morning habit..a quite meditative reflection.. as a reminder of what it is I want to strive for for the rest of my life. How it is I want to manage myself as the years go by.

* To not get lost in my thoughts.

* To observe my thoughts as mental events and not get swept away by them.

* To use my breath to ground me in the moment whenever I am feeling stressed or wound up.

* To remember to observe the present moment as it is most often calm and lovely (as opposed to my thoughts/mental events which are often away with the fairies wasting time planning or worrying or analysing or whatever).

* To pay close attention to what my body is telling me when I am feeling a strong emotion.

And that's just the start...

Love, Mrs D xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment