Friday, April 3, 2015

Week Four Day 5

(I am doing the 8-week course in this book which includes these free meditation audio files).

Blogging from the road! We are on our big family Easter holiday now. Up at the crack of dawn to get everyone out the door by 6.40am. I actually woke before the alarm and got up to do the morning meditations this morning (Breath and Body followed by Sounds and Thoughts) but got interrupted halfway through. That was ok I had a decent go at it.

Then after a big day of travel and then lots of catching up with my family I attempted to squirrel away in our bedroom to do them again this afternoon (as instructed). It was hilarious I kept getting interrupted by people playing hide and seek!! But I managed to get through-albeit with a bit of stop and start- and it's always nice.

It is always nice, even when it feels like a bit of a failure with my mind racing a lot.

I wonder whether slowly very slowly my brain might be developing techniques to really properly focus on the moment (breaths or sounds or whatever). I have tiny glimmers of it. But then again yesterday I was posting about a full scale internal rebellion.... So basically I'm all over the show.

Will just keep going keep going.

My plan is to get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow and find a quiet spot on the property to listed to the meditations. I actually love that I'm intending to do this... It feels so fun.

Love, Mrs D xxx

1 comment:

  1. I applaud your motivation and commitment to keep working with the meditations regardless of the many interruptions you encounter. Well done.

    ReplyDelete