Saturday, April 25, 2015

Week Seven Day 4

(I am doing the 8-week course in this book which includes these free meditation audio files).

Well this is interesting. I did another Breathing Space on the run today. At 11am when I was rushing out of the house to go meet someone I realised I was feeling a little angsty in my chest (probably because of the two hours I'd just spent working at the computer had ended badly by me surfing online to somewhere that wasn't going to make me feel good).. so I literally paused in the doorway and shut my eyes to take stock of 1) how I was feeling in my thoughts 2) focus on my breath 3) focus on my body.

Think it might have helped somewhat.

Later in the day I did my two audios of choice. It's quite fun choosing whatever you want from the list above! Today I felt like doing #3 Mindful Movement and #4 Exploring Difficulty.

A friend asked me today "how is the meditation going" to which I instantly replied "good!" without a hint of embarrassment or awkwardness which I've had up until now (fearing I'll be seen as some weirdo hippy).

I don't care what people think. This shit works.

Love, Mrs D xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment