Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Week Six Day 2

(I am doing the 8-week course in this book which includes these free meditation audio files).

I am now the very proud owner of my very own copy of 'Mindfulness. An eight-week plan for finding peace in a frantic world.' Yes! It took a mere 4 minutes and $33 for me to get my own copy of this wonderful book which I am finding so fascinating and helpful.

Someone on Living Sober told me they had emailed Mark Williams after they followed this book's course and he emailed back! I'm going to do that soon.. (hopefully they don't mind that I've been blogging daily about what they advise but I've been careful to attribute constantly and also rave about how much more there is in the book to what I am writing about in this blog).

Anyhoo today I did the Befriending meditation. It was in the afternoon, my boys were downstairs making lots of noise on the X-Box (school holidays) and I was nearly at the end when one of them came upstairs and said 'can we get takeaways for dinner mum?' so I had to cut it a little short but still, I got the gist.

I'm going to have to step up my game on the Breathing Space meditations which I am still supposed to be doing 2 times a day... will try and write tomorrow about how that meditation is supposed to be being used and expanded on at this stage of the course. Have been a little remiss on that score.

But I'm absolutely 100% positive that this work is making a real difference to how I am feeling and behaving. No doubt about it. And I intend to keep up a daily practice when this course finishes.

Yes I do!! Mark my words!! 

Time for cake.

Love, Mrs D xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment