Thursday, April 16, 2015

Week Six Day 4

(I am doing the 8-week course in this book which includes these free meditation audio files).

I don't want to jinx myself by saying this but what the hell, I'm going to anyway. I'm pretty damn certain that my parenting has been a lot calmer lately. I am tired and it's school holidays and they are being their usual boisterous and argumentative selves but I just haven't been rising to the occasion (so to speak). I've been staying unusually calm in times of their high emotion and everything has been defusing a lot quicker than it used to.

Is this because of my mindfulness training? Maybe! I suppose we'll never know.

I am pretty close to going back to setting my alarm again and getting up in the morning to sit and listen to the audios .. because it's not the same at the end of the day. My mind is much more busy. Maybe when the boys are back at school I can find the time in the afternoon before I have to pick them up, but this week with it being school holidays there is no time but for now at 8.30 at night when they are heading for bed.

Anyway I just did the Befriending meditation (track 7 in the link above) and it is very lovely. The kind words that you are supposed to think for yourself and then others are....

May I be free from suffering.

May I be as happy and healthy as it is possible for me to be.

May I have ease of being.

What could possibly be wrong with that. I am going to miss my Mark Williams guided meditations! Think I might keep using them when I am cut adrift from this 8-week course and left to fend for myself. It will be interesting to see what they have in store for the last few weeks and what they advise in terms of the long life I have ahead of me.

I won't read ahead though.. I'll keep going day by day and just discover what they have in store when it arrives. It's all good.

Love, Mrs D xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment