Wednesday, April 29, 2015

WHAAATTTTT???!!

There is no Week Eight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?! I have been faithfully following along this EIGHT week programme in this book, and when I get to the Chapter on Week Eight it says ...

"Week Eight is the rest of your life".

Well blow me down with a feather. No longer do I have any set audios to listen to or habit releasers or anything. They just want me to "weave the practices into a routine that is sustainable in the long term".

So before I know it was coming I am now cut adrift in my life again (!) and need to put some mindfulness practices into my routine if I want to continue working my brain to cement this way of thinking (or not thinking as the case may be).

Incidentally there is a lot of brilliant stuff they write about in Chapter Eight but I won't regurgitate it all here. Suffice to say I recommend this book highly.

Righto. Here I go. I am going to aim to set my alarm every morning for 6am and get up to listen to guided audios. Either the ones that came with this book (here) or Tara Brach ones.

And during the day I am going to pause whenever I feel like it and do a Breathing Space meditation as taught by the authors of this book. I did one today and it was nice. Needed.

I will be posting less on this blog now (not sure if anyone cares) but will keep popping back in to update on how my mindfulness practice is going. I want to make this a part of my life.

It is a part of my life.

Love, Mrs D xxx

3 comments:

  1. Dear mrs D., haha, sorry.. But it's kind of funny. I bought the book and follow the blog (I DO care :-) and think it's brilliant. It works for me, even though I seem to do a lot of crying during the audios. Good to know about the kind of abrupt end of the book, thanx! Keep up the good work!
    Love, Nuchter Maya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I downloaded and have done a few of the meditations. They make me feel lovely and calm. Will have to get the book now!

    ReplyDelete