Tuesday, July 14, 2015

When I am grateful, I find my grace

Day One of the Deepak Chopra (and Oprah) free 21-day experience which is called 'Manifesting Grace through Gratitude'.

I was worried this wasn't going to work, I'd signed up on their website (here) and had registered for the free 21-day experience, and I'd also downloaded their App to my iPad, but there were no audios in the 'Free Experience' page on the app yesterday when it was supposed to start. I was getting emails from them but no audio to be seen!

However I think because NZ is ahead of the States time-wise it was delayed .. and today the first audio arrived! Happy days!!

So I just listened to the audio. There was an introduction from Oprah and then Deepak spoke about gratitude and grace and then he left us with a mantra - Dhanya Vad meaning 'I feel gratitude' - to repeat over in our minds as we breathed deeply and listened to their soft music. Then he rang a bell and had a few more words before signing off.

Total 21 minutes! It was lovely. I have to be honest I found their music a bit off-putting while I was being left to meditate but I will no doubt get used to it and I'm sure they know what they're doing in leaving it there.

And lo! I have just found attached to today's audio a page called 'Journal' in which they prompted me to write answers to the following questions 'Write in your journal what grace means to you', 'Make a list of the people in your life you are most grateful for', 'Now, list one specific thing about each of those people that you are thankful for' and finally 'Use this space to reflect further on your experience today'.

I love all of this!! So they are really leading me through this 21-day experience, it's almost like a course. I'm totally 100% into it and recommend anyone who wants to come along for the ride.

Love, Mrs D xxx

2 comments:

  1. Yep - I'm doing it too! I may have mentioned previously that I've done several of Deepak and Oprah's meditations - particularly their '21 day experiences'? And that means their 'free experiences' too - and I've never failed to find the calm and peace I'm looking for. The 20 mins or so passes in a flash. And the mindfulness mantra and the relaxing music enable me to 'see' other things; sometimes I have colourful visions during this segment. Extremely grateful to be on this path of learning and having all those good things in my life too. Peace. Gratitude. Grace. Acceptance. And so on and so forth..... enjoy your 21 days Mrs D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just started my meditation journey and it has honestly changed my life. I try to meditate through guided meditation at least 4 times a week. fragantheart.com for some great guided meditations for all types of life issues. I listed to Deepak last night for the first time he had me a asleep in minutes so could not tell you much about it other than what he was saying worked....I encourage anyone and everyone to try meditation at least once. It is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete