Sunday, October 4, 2015

The voice in my head is an arsehole..

.. according to Dan Harris. He was the interview for Day 3 of this Mindfulness Summit. Was a shorter clip today (around 35 mins as opposed to 65) which was good because I have a busy house and Mr D is still away... but I thoroughly enjoyed listening to it in bed last night. The new day's audios get downloaded at around 8pm my time so I might try to do them in the evening from now on.

Anyway, I was keen to hear Dan Harris because I loved his book - 10% Happier - and it was nice to see him interviewed in a more informal way. Seems like a straight-up smart guy.

He's great because he's honest about nothing ever being perfect, judgemental thoughts or over-rumination can still occur but a mindfulness/meditation practice helps you to clearly see and identify when they are and not let them run away.

And he's of the corporate world and was able to talk about how much mindfulness is permeating many high-powered sectors of America.

Am not promising I can blog every day that the summit is on (all of October) but will try while I can!

Love, Mrs D xxx

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to blog after wash session Great to read your take on it after listening to the clip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each not wash Not quite airing the dirty laundry eh☺

    ReplyDelete