Monday, March 21, 2016

Onwards...

I've come to the conclusion that when I am not going through a particularly gritty time I tend to allow my thoughts to run free and dominate ... and only when I hit a rough patch do I work hard on my mindfulness practice.

I don't think this is a particularly good strategy! Overall I enjoy life much more when I am not allowing my thoughts to dominate.

I do not have a formal meditation/mindfulness practice I have to be honest about that. I don't sit and formally do any meditations (guided or alone) ever right now.

Having said that I do thinks my informal mindfulness practice is fairly robust. I remember at least once every day (or every couple of days) to stop the mind chatter and pull myself back into the present moment. I can do this fairly easily and it is ALWAYS amazing in giving me an instant sense of calm.

In this way my life has changed dramatically since I began this mindfulness work all those months ago (when this blog started pretty much).

So maybe I'm not as useless on the mindfulness front as I thought I was when I started writing this post!

I walk the dog up the hill every week day and always use that as a good place to practice mindful walking... I make sure I really notice him and how happy he is (the dog that is), notice nature, notice the weather, feel my feet rising and falling (I often think 'lift' and 'place' as I move each foot up and down).

Overall I am still a MAJOR work in progress. But I suppose that is to be expected and might even remain that way until I die!

Onwards... as always onwards....

Love, Mrs D xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment