Sunday, May 8, 2016

Rules for technology

So the Hay House summit started properly yesterday and they have dropped 20 'lessons' (audio or video talks).

I have just listened to a lady called Holland Haiis and she is a connectivity expert motivational speaker person.. her topic was about practical tips for managing technology.

The main takeaways for me were;

* No devices in the bedroom! (I already do that except for special times like now when I’m lying in on Mothers Day)

* Turning off and disconnecting from devices 2 hours before bed (I’m not good at that very often), but fairly regularly I do not check sites after about 8pm

* Setting a timer when you go on social media (15 minutes!).

* Only ever doing 3 emails in a row. This doesn't work for me but I do think I have a fairly healthy relationship with my work emails. Unless they are terribly urgent I do one big session a week.

* Starting each day with 5 things you are grateful for. I do gratitude at night with my sons, When I kiss them goodnight we go through 2 or 3 things we are grateful for through the day. It makes a big difference to my kids state of mind I reckon and helps me too!

* Every morning focusing on your goals (short or long term). I don't really do this but could probably start.

* Making time in your weekly calendar for adult fun – something that isn’t work or responsibilities. Hmm not sure about this, whether I can do it with my intense parenting I do but I could probably try!

Love, Mrs D xxx

2 comments:

  1. Because of where I live iternrt is limited so participating in things like the Hay Summit not really possible. So I appreciate your summary of such things and then the highlights you choose to share. Thank you.
    with love Gael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love being in bed with my devices lol Sad i guess. And listening to Tara B as I go to sleep requires a device ... mmm Fun mmmm Gratitude, yes, can do :)
    Love the summary thanks. I am still contemplating joining - but it may be like another addition to the onerous to-do list

    ReplyDelete