Monday, August 29, 2016

Again..

I sat and meditated just now and I’m not even ashamed to use that word!

That’s what I did.

I sat on the edge of the firm sofa in the study with my back straight but not rigid and my hands resting on my knees and I shut my eyes and meditated.

I focused on my breath and every time a thought hooked me after a while I would notice that I'd been hooked and I would gently without judgement bring my attention back to the breath.

Probably did just 5-7 minutes all up but it was very nice.

A bunch of bicep curls for the brain.

Did it the other day as well. So that's 3 times recently...!

Love, Mrs D xxx

1 comment:

  1. Me too! I set the timer, sat up straight, paid attention to my breath, caught the thought bubbles when they started to blow up. It feels like such an innane thing to be doing, but the ripples it sends through our lives are so profound. I too have resisted the formal sitting (which actually isn't that formal at all, you just have to sit up for crying out loud) but I now know without a doubt it's the way to alter your whole experience of being a human.

    ReplyDelete